Align Advice To What Is True For You

People love to feel needed. Here is what we also forget. We love to feel needed. We love to lend a hand, lend our expertise, and oh my gosh, we love to dish out advice to those who will listen. Seriously, people will tell you till the cows come home everything they think you should be doing. Opinions from others must go through your filtration system. Here we decide what gets recycled into the universe and what is kept with us. Pause and filter with all advice, solicited or otherwise. Align advice to what is true for you. As we talk about support and the next few points of change, we align with our truth and keep in mind that a greater world out there needs our support and help. It is our responsibility to help one another. All of us, all around the world.

Put One Foot  In Front Of The Other

Put One Foot In Front Of The Other

We all are intertwined and interconnected, and we all have a responsibility to one another. Often, we must pause again and pay attention to the world around us to see another’s truth. Do you keep to yourself? Do you get out your phone to record or observe? Several times in the past few years, I’ve been in back of women in a grocery store line who were struggling for grocery money with at least one small child in the cart. They didn’t ask me for help. I gave it anyway and paid for the groceries. I didn’t say a word, didn’t make a production out of it, and I’m only telling you here so that you remember to stop and pay attention to those not asking for help who clearly need it. Your kindness changes their moment and perhaps even their trajectory. Asking for support and lending support goes both ways. The moments wax and wane. I think about being in the hospital during my worst allergic reaction and the help I received. I think about the trucker who stopped to pick up my brother Justin roadside after he had been the victim of one of the most heinous crimes in the state of Minnesota. I think of the time one of our son’s friends stayed with us for months as his sister rehabbed from a terrible accident.

Scream Your Last Scream

She is now in the Paralympics. I think about so many instances in our family where we have been helped or helped another. This is a moment where we may reach within to help ourselves as our key resource, or we may seek professional help. Again remember, when I say seek professional help, it may resonate with you in such a way that I’m suggesting something is wrong or that you must heal and learn. It doesn’t have to be heard that way. Remember, professional help is all over the map. It could be a coach you hire to win the Olympics. It might be a therapist you hire to help heal your past. It might be a person you hire to bake a cake for your wedding. Seek professional help doesn’t necessarily mean something is wrong. You might seek professional help that propels you on your way to even more greatness. Either way, this can be a huge pivotal moment for you in how you move from being stuck to taking action and taking the right actions, so you don’t fall back on old habits and patterns that don’t serve you well or get you where you want to be.

How Deep The Trouble Is

Remember, you hold your power. Remember, I need help is perhaps one of the hardest phrases for people to dare utter, aside from I’m sorry and I was wrong. These can be especially tricky if you were raised under the air of not letting the outside world know anything is wrong and putting on that happy face for all to see. This past winter, my husband received a call for help from a friend. This friend had fallen in his garage so badly he couldn’t move. My husband and one of our sons, Quinn, rushed over to help him and ensure his safety. That’s one type of support. Situation remedied, and we moved on. This is probably the most common kind of support. Help me move, help me with this task or another. We’re there in a shot, task complete. Even as I write this, I am sitting in my chair and just pulled away from my keyboard for some moments to reflect and to really think about what to say next. In writing this, I’ve had so many moments of needing to ask for support and also in turn have been asked to help out. I’m thinking of the people I’ve personally turned to now and during my life as a whole who have helped me become unstuck or move forward. I love help from others, and I also love to help others in return. Are you in a position where you need to ask for help? Are you in a position where you are helping someone else? Are you doing both for various things? Live and show up authentically. Ask for help or give help to others who need you in that moment. When you think of support, collaborations, or the team you put together, carefully place who is closest to you with intention, which can include family. These are your influencers. This is especially true if you have huge, lofty goals that you are dreaming about, but no lofty goal support crew who has already been down the flight path to show you how to navigate. Her surrounding influencers’ behaviors offered key information to help her help herself and seek additional support as she became more aware of how her past was carrying her forward. She had a feeling that we were meant to know each other, and my experiences served to reinforce what she already knew but needed extra support, validation, and reassurance in those moments. To be a professional baseball player isn’t going to seek a mentor in the airline industry.